2021-22 In-House Program Basketball Season
EPGBA is planning for the 2021-22 In-House season and registration will be open on Monday, Oct 11th 8:00 AM for all girls’ grades K-8 that live in or attend school in Eden Prairie. Registration limits vary by grade due to team sizes, court availability and volunteer needs. After registration is full any player placed on a waitlist is not guaranteed a spot.
In-House Key Dates
Registration: Mon, Oct 11th 8:00 AM – Tues, Nov 2ndrd 11:59 PM
In-House 1st- 8th Grade Season:
- Player Clinics November 6th, 13th, and 20th at Oak Point Elementary
- 1st & 2nd grade: 8:30 - 9:30 am
- 3rd & 4th grade: 9:45 - 10:45 am
- 5th & 6th grade: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 7th & 8th grade: 12:15 - 1:15 pm
- For grades, 3-8th, evaluations will be completed during the last clinic on November 20th in an effort to form evenly balanced skill level teams.
- Coaches Clinic: TBD
- Teams announced: The week of November 21st
- First Practices: Week of November 29th
- Mondays: 3rd & 4th grade (Forest Hills)
- Tuesdays: 5th & 6th grade (Oak Point)
- Thursdays: 1st & 2nd (Eden Lake) and 7th & 8th grade (Oak Point)
- First Games: December 4th
- 1st-4th Grade at Oak Point
- 5th-8th Grade at TBD, based on West Metro Game Schedule
- Team Pictures: TBD
- End of Season:
- 1st-4th Grade Feb 26th
- 5ht-8th Grade West Metro Tournament Feb 26th & 27th
- No clinics/practices/games:
- Nov 24th-Nov 28th – Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 22nd–Jan 2nd – Winter Break
Rookie (K) League Season:
- Season: Mondays 6:00-7:00 PM drills (last 15 minutes are open play) from Dec 6th – Feb 14th.
Recognizing the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is imperative that players, parents, and families know and understand the following:
- Participating in EPGBA activities is voluntary
- While participating in EPBGA activities, all laws as well as school and facility rules, guidelines, and protocols related to COVID-19 must be followed. This includes the following guidelines for using EP Facilities:
- All players, coaches and individuals must conduct a health self-screening before participating or attending any EPGBA activity. If a player, coach, or individual has a fever of 100.4F or higher, new onset and/or worsening cough, shortness of breath or combination of other flu/cold/COVID symptoms, that person MUST stay home.
- All players in grades Rookie-6th will be required to wear face coverings during practice and games. The EPBGA strongly recommends face coverings for players in Grade 7th- 8th and all coaches and spectators.
- No parents or spectators will be allowed at practices. Game attendance is determined by site policies. We will likely limit spectators but will monitor and update as we get closer to the beginning of the season.
Please know that if the district or a school building enters into distance learning mode due to COVID-19 outbreaks and/or the local case numbers rise into the zone of mandatory distance learning, all facility rentals will be shut down. The district will decide when rentals can resume.
We recognize that this is not ideal, but we are doing our best to keep EPBGA players and families safe while also playing basketball.
Refund Policy for 2021-22 Season
Our EPGBA’s desire is to not take a significant financial loss if we do have to cancel prior to completion of the season. So, if we were to cancel prior to playing a full season, we may give a pro-rated refund based upon our actual total expenses we have incurred.
If you have questions about other EPGBA policies, including COVID-19 protocols, please see our Documents section on our website.